Chia Seeds Recipe: Curried Potato Salad With Chia Seeds
- 12 Potatoes (boiled)
- 1-2 Onions
- 1 Bell pepper
- 2 Jalapeno peppers (or your favorite peppers whether sweet, mild, warm, or hot)
- 2 Serrano peppers (optional)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (preferably flatleaf, i.e., Italian parsley)
- 1-2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 1 package soft tofu (or equivalent alternative)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Chia Seeds gel (see Chia gel recipe)
- 1/2 tsp mustard (or ground mustard seed)
- 2 tsp fresh curry powder
- 1 tsp high grade Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Chop potatoes, onion, bell pepper and place in a large bowl. Finely chop Jalapeno peppers, Serrano peppers, and parsley, and add to bowl. In blender, whip oil and tofu until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix Chia gel and spices together and whip (by hand) until smooth. Mix all ingredients together.
Chill and serve.